Today Shane and I are excited to welcome author Brian Kirk to Ink Heist. Brian reached out to us a few weeks ago to talk about his upcoming book from Flame Tree Press, Will Haunt You. Through the course of our discussion, Kirk revealed a strange event he experienced that inspired his book and we asked if we could share that story. Kirk agreed, but due to the length of the story, we are partnering with a few other horror sites to share it. I was pretty unnerved when I read it and I have a feeling you will be as well when you read it. Below we have included Kirk’s recollection of the events that inspired Will Haunt You and the screenshots he managed to grab of the incident.
The idea for my next novel Will Haunt You was inspired by a couple from my neighborhood who mysteriously disappeared after discovering a strange book in their house. To say that I was mesmerized by this story is an understatement. I was obsessed with it. Following along with every post, and trying my best to figure out who was behind it. The first entry was posted on Nextdoor.com, in a private neighborhood crime watch group that I had joined. It grabbed my attention immediately. There was something familiar about that book, although I had never seen it before.
As much as that initial entry intrigued me, I didn’t hear anything else for a couple of weeks, so I forgot about it. Then came the second entry, and I was hooked from here on.
- Read Part 2 on HorrorTalk and Sci-fi & Scary
- Read Part 3 on Char’s Horror Corner
- Read Part 4 on Night Worms
- Read Part 5 on The Ginger Nuts of Horror
- Read the Conclusion Right here on Ink Heist.
The story of this strange encounter continues tomorrow on Sci-Fi & Scary and HorrorTalk. Here is the full schedule of all the entries.
- January 7th, Part 1: Ink Heist
- January 8th, Part 2: Sci-Fi & Scary, Horror Talk
- January 9th, Part 3: Char’s Horror Corner, Zakk’s Eyes of Madness
- January 10th, Part 4: Night Worms
- January 11th, Part 5: Ginger Nuts of Horror, Kendall Reviews
- January 12th, The Conclusion: All Participating Sites
Meanwhile, be sure to check out the novel inspired by the book OBSIDEO: https://www.amazon.com/Will-Haunt-Fiction-Without-Frontiers/dp/1787581365/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545931596&sr=8-1&keywords=will+haunt+you+brian+kirk
Categories: Features, Uncategorized
Reblogged this on John F.D. Taff.
Holy cow, how freaky!
That is creepy as hell!